Sunday, December 5, 2010

If I Close My Eyes and Click My Heels 3 Times

Can I be transported somewhere tropical in another country? I swear I hate this time of year. I've been trying to contain my grinchyness by focusing on the many, many things I have to be thankful for. My life is good. Great even. I feel like generally I am pretty good at not being self- indulgent and whiny, but just this once I want to do it.
1) I despise the darkness and the bitter cold that this time of year brings.
2) I am having pain in my knees, and it is frustrating the #%*@ out of me.
3) I wish I could travel more. It is so inspiring.
4) I wish I hadn't been miserably sick the entire week of the only vacation we did go on this year.
5) I wish Thanksgiving and Christmas could be deleted, as they are annoying/least favorite holidays to me.
6) I wish I were somewhere bright and beautiful listening to ocean sounds, feeling the sun on my face.

SO there. I'll stop. I should never complain like this, after all, I am fortunate to be surrounded by so much goodness in life.

No comments: