Sunday, March 2, 2008

Return of the Fearless Tornado





I'm ready for Spring!!!! Oh I can't wait for warm sunny days! Today was an excellent day for adventures outside: 70 degrees, sunny, no work = perfect.
I recently checked out a great library book called "60 Hikes Within 60 Miles~ Nashville" by Johnny Molloy, figuring that there have got to be plenty of trails close by that would be a nice change from the usual loop at Percy Warner Park. I WAS RIGHT :) There are plenty of trails I've never been to or even heard of; now my mission is to explore them all! This morning, Aka (the fearless tornado), Maggie (the human friend), Coco (the human's doggie friend), and I drove east to Long Hunter State Park and hiked the Volunteer Trail/ Day Loop. It's a 4 mile loop next to Percy Priest Lake. I was happily surprised by the sparkling views and would certainly recommend putting this on your To Do List!

No comments: