Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday Evening

I've been reading a lot lately (again); I get obsessed with books sometimes and absolutely CANNOT put them down until there are no more words left to read. My current obsession is "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm about half- way through and have gotten a lot out of it. A moment ago, what I was reading made the point that you cannot live your life as a monument to lost relationships and past mistakes. Well, I suppose you could, but it would be a miserable existence. I waste so much time and energy in useless suffering (worry). I make it this complicated- I borrow trouble. Why do I forget freedom can be so simple as asking for grace and letting go?
"I'm tired of being a skeptic, I'm irritated by spiritual prudence and I feel bored and parched by empirical debate. I don't want to hear it anymore. I couldn't care less about evidence and proof and assurances. I just want God. I want God inside me. I want God in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on water." ~ E. Gilbert

No comments: