Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekstart

image courtesy pinterest

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good, thanks for asking. It kinda seemed like it had a  "blast from the past" feel, because Saturday involving a rollerskating party at the local rink and Sunday Jon and I had a putt-putt, arcade, go-kart date. All things I haven't done since the 80's/90's- it was great!
However, I didn't get much done around the house or in the studio. Serendipitously, I just came across this article. It's all about that feeling of needing a weekend to catch up from your weekend! Here's an excerpt:

When the weekend rolls around, my expectations are that I can draw energy from alone time, spend tons of time with friends, exercise, catch up on sleep, go to church, work on chores, work on creative pursuits and catch up on email all in the same weekend.
Although this is all possible to do in one weekend, when I place unreasonable expectations on any chunk of time, my energy is divided and I’m left defeated and wanting by Monday morning.

Check out the full article by Nate Baker HERE.

No comments: