Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finally, A New Post!

The Groundhog predicted an early spring, but no signs of it yet in Nashville! We're still having winter weather advisory's and all kinds of unpleasant weather. It's been weighing on me a lot lately, just sapping my energy away. Due to that fact, I wasn't feeling super social during this past Saturday night's Art Crawl so I just did a quick run through. My favorite parts were Julie Lee's solo show at DPC, and Suspension at Twist- a show by Jamie Raybin and Ryan Hogan. In Suspension, one piece read, "There is a specific form of perfectionism where you can't make decisions, can't commit to anything, for fear of being wrong." It struck a major chord with me. I think about it and realize this kind of perfectionism inhibits areas of my life that are very important to me.


On the topic of perfectionism and fear, I watched Black Swan a couple weeks ago. Upon walking out of the theater I honestly didn't know if I liked it. Unfortunately, I had already heard a lot about the plot, so some of the suspense was missing for me. Here I am though, weeks later, thinking of it. After letting it sink in (I think I needed to because it was absolutely dizzying) I am appreciating it more and more. And the costume design by Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte, doesn't hurt!

No comments: