Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Accountabilabuddies

"Elastic Modulus" by John Tallman

Thursday night last week I braved the cold, dreary weather and ventured out to Cheekwood with my sweet friend, Beth. It was the opening night for two notable exhibitons: "Tennessee Abstract Painters" and "Michael Baggarly: Reverberent Measures". First, the abstract exhibit is aptly described on Cheekwood's website as "fourteen Tennessee artists who explore different approaches to abstract imagery". Really each artist does take such a unique approach that even if abstract usually "isn't your thing", you can't help but be intrigued by the masterful range of style and technique here. Second, the Temporary Contemporary Gallery houses a cohesive collection by Michael Baggarly (coincidentally, also a Tennessee artist). It's piercing, literally. I loved it. My description won't do it justice- you 'll just have to go see it! Fast forward to this week, and my new challenge that begins tomorrow morning. The struggle to break out of the winter slump has been hard. It always is a struggle for me, but guess what- it is Spring! With the first official day of spring only a day and a half away, I say "close enough- it's SPRINGTIME!!!!". I' m busting out my new personal challenge tomorrow in the early A.M. This is where my accountabilabuddy, Hollie, enters the picture. Yes, I love that word. Thank you Hollie, for introducing it to me. We have committed to working out Monday through Friday first thing in the morning, and will take turns calling each other at 7:30 a.m. on those days for a confirmation that we're each upholding our end of the deal. When I focus myself like that physically, I find it pours over into the rest of my life as well. Speaking of early mornings, it's getting late. *snorrrrres from Seamus* Good Night!

No comments: