Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up and Robust Gonads

How was your weekend? Lovely, I hope. Let me do a bullet point summary of  the favorite bits of mine, because I know you were sitting there at your computer, on pins and needles waiting for me to publish such a thing. The wait is over:
  • Completed pieces and set up new window display at Rodney Mitchell Salon. Photos soon!
  • Finished a suspenseful, lyrical novel- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick.
  • Ran the furthest distance I've ever run in my life (17 miles) with 2 sweet friends that made the whole thing fun.
  • Enjoy the company and work of  fellow artists at the Downtown Art Crawl.
  • Went out with the Mr. on Friday evening.
  • Made some outdoor adventure plans for spring which may include caves and bodies of water.
  • Ate 2 1/2 cupcakes in 24 hours.
  • Read this article, felt thankful for my good health and things such as " a full pelt of fur", maintained brain volume, and muscle mass.*

*I felt like it would detract from the dramatic format of my bullet points to include these additional thoughts in the last bullet post, so here we are. I really wanted to share this article for two reasons. One, it includes the following sentence, "Their gonads were normal, as were their hearts. They could balance on narrow rods, the showoffs". Two, I certainly believe that physical health is tied to mental health. Exercise of all types brings such clarity, peace of mind, and strength to my life. It's a simple concept, I know, I think I've just gained a new appreciation for the impact physical activity- especially outdoors- on me in these winter months, when nothing else seems to give me any energy and then I read things like the article and learn it will  have an incredible impact even years down the road. May we all lead a life full of love, happiness, mitochondria and unshrinking testicles/ ovaries!

No comments: