Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ready (for the funeral)

Fall. Fall. Fall. Time for a new Fall window at Rodney Mitchell Hair Salon in Hillsboro Village. After several months of not creating any display work, putting this together reminded me how much I do enjoy it.

And the folks at Rodney Mitchell- love them. Looking for a good cut and color? You need to make an appointment with Allison!


I adore Hillsboro Village, too! It's the best little village in town.
Plus, you won't get a better muffin in town than Fido's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip delicousness. They are seriously addictive.

Fall glam is the window theme, which I was very happy to do as opposed to going the typical brown/ rust/ orange "fall" route. Bleh. Have I ever mentioned those are my least favorite colors? Yep.

* orchid stripe, metal garland detail *

What IS my favorite lately is Band of Horses. After the seeing them in Nashville at Live on the Green several weeks ago, I've been hooked. They seem very much suited to be my current soundtrack. This song especially. On repeat. So Autumnal.


The Funeral

I'm coming up only to hold you under
I'm coming up only to show you wrong
And to know you is hard and we wonder
To know you all wrong, we were

Really too late to call, so we wait for
Morning to wake you; it's all we got
To know me as hardly golden
Is to know me all wrong, they were
At every occasion I'll be ready for a funeral
At every occasion once more is called a funeral
Every occasion I'm ready for the funeral
At every occasion one brilliant day funeral

I'm coming up only to show you down for
I'm coming up only to show you wrong
To the outside, the dead leaves, they all blow (alive is very poetic)
Before they died had trees to hang their hope

At every occasion I'll be ready for the funeral
At every occasion once more is called the funeral
At every occasion I'm ready for the funeral
At every occasion one brilliant day funeral

No comments: