Tuesday, January 8, 2008

In Loving Memory

Gerald Brown January 7, 1920 - January 6, 2008


My granddad was a very independant and loyal man. When I was a little girl, I loved visiting my grandparents and have many dear memories from it.
Granddad was a hard worker- it seemed like he knew how to do everything! He worked on antiques cars, and took me for rides around town in the rumble seat. He made furniture by hand, and I ate dinner at tables he made. He built the home him & my grandmother lived in, and later bulit the most amazingly detailed miniature houses, complete with electricity & furniture!
Granddad was always up for going outside and getting into something- he would go on walks with me around the neighborhood, ( occasionally I would roller skate as he walked ). Sometimes we'd go all the way downtown for fun events like the Apple Blossom parade. I don't roller skate much these days, but I do still love to walk (and occasionally bike, run, or hike).
I know i have been influenced by his active nature and that we share his strong -willed personality; I hope I made him proud.

No comments: