Monday, January 28, 2008

I Can D.I.G. It


This Saturday, February 2, is the First Saturday Art Crawl in downtown Nashville, and I am part of one show that is opening. I have a piece in the group show - D.I.G. Through Art- hosted by Downtown Presbyterian Church. On First Saturday, at 6:00, Downtown Presbyterian also holds an "Art - Luck" dinner that is open to any art- loving, gallery- hopping, hungry Nashvillian. So, at 6:00 bring your covered dish to take part in the pot- luck dinner AND preview the D.I.G. Through Art Event !
I'm copying an article (see below) that I found on Beth Gilmore' s blog to give you a better idea what the event is all about. Thanks Beth!
Downtown Presbyterian Church~
154 5th Ave North Nashville, TN 37219

An Emancipation Conversation

A Lenten Art Show, Sacred Blues Concert, and Film Series A D.I.G. Through Art Event (D.I.G. – Dialogue: an Interaction for Growth) The 11th Annual Lenten D.I.G. Art Series at The Downtown Presbyterian Church focuses its attention on its theme: An Emancipation Conversation. The witness of God's love for the world has always been a witness of emancipation. The power of emancipation can be a small spark or a raging fire, and we hope to provide a context for artists and audiences alike to explore this theme during the season of lent.
In doing so, we will be hosting an art show with of local artists on the theme of Emancipation opening 2/10/08 : ***preview Feb 2 !!!***
Julie Lee, DJ Justice, Sarah Shearer, Jodi Reeves, Carla Contreras, Nathan Steele, AyJey, Elizabeth Streight, Michelle Cribbs, Jack Coggins, Mark Sloniker, Leilani Rector, Tasha French, Richard Feaster, Tom Wills, Beth Gilmore, and others .

No comments: