Sunday, November 4, 2007

the Novice Blogger

I'm new at this. It's exciting to have another outlet, though- another way to share my creative ideas, work, and experiences. I love to paint, usually with oils, but sometimes I play around with watercolor, ink, spraypaint,etc :) I would love to hear about what you're working on, and what you've seen that has caught your eye. I don't have a way with words, so once I figure out how to upload photos, look forward to lots of imagery!

If you already know me you are probably aware of my photograph obsession. I'm not a skilled photographer, necessarily, but I do love to have a large archive of snapshots; they are visual documentation. I try to cram so many things into my head... I can't possibly remember them ALL, or even half as well as I'd like. Hence the snapshots. If you're interested, I have most of my recent photos organized in albums on myspace.com/sarahshearer.
So, I have a new group of paintings that I'm finishing up for my upcoming Nashville show. My work will hang at the Family Wash in East Nashville (http://www.familywash.com/) from November 13 through mid- December. If you live nearby, please stop in!

No comments: