Sunday, November 11, 2007

Artrageous Nashville


Last night I spent the evening at Midtown Art Gallery ( www.midtowngallery.com) celebrating "Artrageous". Artrageous is a top charity event that benefits Nashville CARES in support of AIDS education & services in Middle TN. This year's theme was "Oz", and each of the 10 participating galleries were magical destinations: the apple orchard, the yellow brick road, and my favorite~ munchkin land at Estel Gallery.
My lovely friend, Barbara Coon, was the featured artist at Midtown Gallery (whom I am represented by, also). Barb debuted a fabulous new group of paintings that filled two walls with super bright beauty! Her portraits of characters from Oz to those of Nashville landmarks, struck a familiar note with many. They were so well loved, she sold NINE pieces last night alone! WHAT!??? I'm so happy for her. We snacked on delicious drinks and apps from the Mirror and the Italian Market, and then had a celebratory dinner at Boscoe's and I told my better half , Jon, all the exciting news.
Barbara Coon and her work are shown in the photo above. The work will be there all month, so stop by and check out the fabulousity; for more info about Artrageous go to www.artrageous.org.

No comments: