Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Afternoon at the Frist

Jon and I decided to go to the Frist Center for the Visual Arts (fristcenter.org) today. I 've been hearing great things about the current shows: "Societe Anonyme inc" & "Future/ Now Mid State Art Majors". Societe Anonyme inc featured a quite diverse range of modern art from artists who belonged to the said 1920's organization. It wasn't totally my "thing", but good to see none the less. While perusing the Anon. collection I walked into the Gordon Contemporary Artist Project Gallery, and discovered a wonderful artist I hadn't even heard about: Rosemary Laing. Mrs. Laing, an Australian photographer, has captured amazing images; images of flight/ suspension that are very human. They are powerful and beautiful, and certainly my fave in the entire building.






No comments: