Monday, January 14, 2013

So It's 2013 Now

Everyone else and their mother posted a 2012 wrap up/ Yay 2013 post a couple weeks ago in a timely fashion- here I am behind the curve, but here none the less.
One of my favorite end of 2012 events was the Huntsville Marathon. I had a good run and great first trip to Huntsville, AL. It was my second full marathon; I was pretty happy with my 4:13:50 finish. The race organizers even sent a certificate and printed photo- how cool is that?!




We spent Christmas with the in-laws and had a pretty low key New Year's Eve celebration. The following week Blake turned 7!




It's been quite a year for us, and I look forward to all that 2013 has in store. My year began with a pretty rough flu episode, but I 'm finally feeling back to normal! I'm thankful for a productive Monday- it kinda feels like I finally am actually kicking off the new year the way I meant to (but then couldn't as I lay in bed with chills and body aches).

Coming soon from me you can expect to see:
Show announcements
Brand new art work
And, of course more races!

I know, it may seem like I talk about running a lot. This January marks the 4th spring I've trained with East Nasty for the Country Music Half Marathon- that's how it all began! What a great community, and a great change it has brought about in my life. I feel healthier, more confidant and outgoing and all around happier because of it- and that's why I keep doing it!

Bring it on 2013 :)

No comments: