Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pet Portraits

Pet portraits are top-of-the-list, definite favorite commissioned projects for me. The images below show my process of creation.
I ask clients to provide several photographs for me to sketch from. (No, I do not wrangle animals trying to get them to model live for me -it's a frequent question!) I create these in an 8" x 10" size, making it easy to frame using a standard size frame. These pieces are watercolor and ink on paper. The background colors can be determined by the client if specific colors are preferred. The cost is $80, and the turnaround time is typically 1-2 weeks. They make a fantastic gift for any animal lover- and it's not too late to get in your Holiday order!

Email me at sarahkshearer@gmail.com if you're interested in ordering!

4 comments:

heidiallison75 said...

WE LOVE our Pet Portrait that Sarah did for us. She captured our crazy pack perfectly!! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for something for the pet lover this Christmas (or anytime!). Thanks Sarah!!

Unknown said...

Our portrait of our pup, Sandee is the best! I had Sarah make one for my husband and I and one for my sister and her family. My sister's dog has since past and she tells me how much it means to her to have it all the time.

Order one! You will love it!

Erica said...

Love love love my portrait from Sarah!! She totally captured my pup's likeness. It looks just like her! Such beautiful work!

John said...

Sarah captured our little angel perfectly. I love it!