Saturday, August 4, 2012

BFF's

A muggy August Art crawl just concluded in Downtown Nashville.
After a bit of an absence from that scene, I was glad I made the effort to get out and explore this one- good stuff! Jason Twiggy Lott's work at the The Rymer was gorgeous- dripping with dark Southern beauty. There were several fantastic shows in the Arcade,as well. Twist Gallery celebrated their 6th birthday with work by two Tennessee painters, Amanda Brazier and Patrick Brien. AND, their were birthday cupcakes. Happy Birthday Twist!!!
Now I'm up in the studio, playing around with a project of my own. Nothing to earth shattering, but something I enjoy EVERY time I get a commission- pet portraits! This guy is Bosco; no doubt he is a BFF to some lucky human out there. I hope they are happy with this when it's done-better get back to work!


No comments: