Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"7 Questions" to Open December 5th



The opening reception for my solo show at Twist 58 Gallery* is set for December 5th from 6- 9:00pm. This event is free and open to the public; please be invited!

"7 Questions"
I hope to reflect ideas through my work. What I have been creating has stemmed from hundreds of questions flying around in my head. Some of these questions are:
What is meaningful?
What is superficial?
What makes me happy, and why?
What is beauty?
Why are some things that are beautiful labeled superficial?
Does beauty equal weakness in your eyes?
In exhibiting my work I am not attempting to present answers, rather hoping to reflect my questions.
My pieces are typically a mix of medias (spray paint, acrylic, colored pencil) on canvas. Most of all, I love the intensity and texture of oil paint.


* Twist 58 Gallery is located in the heart of downtown Nashville in the historic Arcade building. It is on the upper level in space 58.

No comments: