Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Marrow Tomatos and Borrowed Trouble

It's salsa time-mmmhmm. The past couple of weeks have been so sunny and lovely, my tomato plants are heavily spotted with clusters of juicy, ripened fruit. I've enjoyed their fresh sweetness in my favorite salsa combo: black beans, corn, onion, peppers, and lots of tomato seasoned with salt, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, or just a little taco seasoning. The bowl full of fiery orange-red tomatos just had to be photographed before being salsa-ized, though. Isn't it perfect? Life is like a bowl of tomatos. Or something like that...
I don't have any great segue for this, but here's what else has been up lately. It's been a hectic past several months, and I'm feeling a little frustrated. Fortunately, nothing major/ disastrous has happened. It's more just a general "oh crap- I'm burnt out" feeling. That coupled with the imminent end of summer has me stressing out. I'm aware that I worry far too much (I can imagine multiple reasons why anybody wouldn't like me), and that I still have several more gorgeous summertime weeks to enjoy (captain shearer, part two)- no need to "borrow trouble". BTW- why would anyone borrow trouble? Do they plan to return it? Moving forward, I will now suck the marrow from the days ahead.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, to suck the marrow from the bones of life; to put to rout all that was not life, and not to come to the end of life, and discover that I had not lived." - Henry David Thoreau

No comments: