Saturday, July 4, 2009

the Firefly Five






I hope everyone's having a fabulous holiday weekend! I am reminiscing about the Firefly Art Festival of last weekend, and wanted to share some pics. Myself, and four other local artists were featured in a category of "emerging artists". As fine artists, our talents were diverse, but we all came to this as first timers at an outdoor festival. What an experience! Many artists go on festival circuits, have quite the elaborate set-up, and are well acquainted with the process. The Pro's! I am NOT a pro, but was actually pleased with my set -up and am confidant now I could do it again/ better. Maybe I will- we'll see...Honestly, the best part of the experience for me was the people I met. My festival neighbors, the Firefly Five, were the bomb: Derek Gibson, Kristen Burton Work, David Hellams, and Justin Nolan Key (left to right in the group photo). Maybe a re-union is in the future, but I know one thing for sure: next time we'll wait till the heat index is dips a bit below 105!

No comments: