Sunday, May 3, 2009

"...Or in the Very Least Being Myself."


Today has been relaxing- a day full of no plans. For someone who constantly tries to pack 20 hours worth of projects into a 12 hour day, it was a relief. However, all afternoon, one project in particular kept popping into mind- my blog. I found myself wanting to post; thus far my posting has consisted of whatever inspires me, whatever strikes my fancy. I've wondered though: is it confusing? The randomness of posts? What exactly am I doing here? Is this a personal blog, an art blog, a Nashville blog, a fashion blog? Can I start a "per-a-vill-ion" category?
If you know me at all, you'll find it predictable to learn that I've spent the entire evening perusing fashion blogs. The twisted interweb I wove went from Elle, to Style Bubble, to the Wall Street Journal, to Inside Am-Lul's Closet, to the Independent Fashion Blogger's. Tonight is the first time I've come across IFB; I've found plenty of informative articles and interesting links. I was particularly happy to find this article! Although the articles are geared towards fashion bloggers, there are plenty of generally usefully ones about site traffic, marketing, copyrighted images, networking, etc. Maybe if you are out there in the same/ a similar boat (canoe, kayak, yacht, whatev...they're all boats)you will glean something of interest from this as well!
PS. The image is from lookbook.nu

No comments: