Thursday, January 29, 2009

She Sleeps With Dogs

Let sleeping dogs lie?

Or just sleep with them...

I found a bit of reassuring info in the news today ( yeah you read that right-maybe it's the only reassuring news out there so I have to blog about it). Depending on how well you know me, you might know this fact: I sleep with dogs. And, it's not just one- it's two. Some people get it. Some people silently judge me. Some people should read this article in the U.S. News & World Report. My favorite excerpt is this:
"She said the finding that close human-dog bonding behaviors aren't more likely to spread germs is good news because of the physical and psychological benefits of pet ownership. Surveys show that nearly half of all dog owners share their food with their dogs, and more than half allow their dogs to sleep with them and lick their face."
I tend to avoid any and all facial licking (especially from dogs) and food sharing (any species), but will I stop sleeping with dogs? Never.

2 comments:

HollieDaze said...

man, am i embarrassed. i'll try to stop licking your face when i see you. how could i know?

SarahShearer said...

i know, well don't be embarassed-maybe just try to excercise a little restraint next time.